[Geany] Feature Request: spell checking support

topi topi at xxxxx
Thu Oct 26 14:55:18 UTC 2006

hi,

> On the one hand, it will extend the dependencies, but on the other hand
> it would be real great while writing a text in LaTeX. IMHO aspell,
> ispeel or something similar is installed on a big number of systems.
> So there would be no need to install a lot of stuff. (I don't know, how
> it works under win32)
>
> So I ask you: What do you think about that? Is there any chance/need for
> spell checking?

i though i was the only people in the world editing latex with geany! ;)

now i'm using winefish for this task (sorry for pointing that because
you could think i'm not interested in getting spell checking in geany)

in fact, there are a lot of la(text) editors, winefish doesn't has spell
checking

in addition, if spell checking is added to geany i hope it's important
to bypass latex commands (i'm using editors with spell checking that
cannot understand the latex syntax)

again, it could be great, but i think there are better editor for latex
than geany (sorry, i'm a really geany fan!!! :P)

regars,

topi

topi <topi at phreaker.net>