[Geany] Improvement of long comments inside python, *.sh and LaTeX

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Oct 26 16:15:50 UTC 2006

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:26:11 +0200, Frank Lanitz <linux at partysoke.de>
wrote:

> Hi guys!
> I got a issue with handling of comments, that are longer than one
> line. Sometimes, it would be better to don't see them.
>
> I know, that there are special signs in other languages for
> such a case, which you don't have inside a shell script or LaTeX.
> Nevertheless is it possible to implement such a feature?
> If not directly I got something like "Don't show lines between line
> x and line y" easy to handly with mouse and/or keyboard in my mind.
You are talking about comment folding for LaTeX and Python(Bash is
fully supported). Please be aware that this is not really related to
Geany but to Scintilla, the editing component used in Geany.

For LaTeX: there is no folding support at all. Please open a feature
request to Scintilla at [0].

For Python: the Python lexer of Scintilla has folding support but
folding comments is broken[1] and has to be fixed. Maybe a bug report
or feature request to Scintilla will help.

[0] http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=2439&atid=352439
[1]
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/scintilla-interest/3130090