[Geany] A few things...

Christopher Anderson sidewinder.asu at xxxxx
Wed Oct 25 03:17:58 UTC 2006

Hi all. I hope this message isn't repeating anyone, I admit I haven't
been following the posts very closely.

Anyway, I first want to say that I love geany. It has totally replaced
gedit and kate for me, which is good because gedit is too simple and
kate is KDE, and I prefer gnome. I really think geany is the best
gnome editor I have used to date, and I am excited about its future.

.....buuuuut.... I have a few issues right now:

1. I am often switching between editing a file and doing something in
the embedded Terminal. One thing I noticed that is annoying is that
when I hit Save, it changes to the Status tab. I then have to keep
clicking on Terminal again. Now, I understand why this behavior
exists, but I would like to be able to disable it.

2. I was running python in the terminal, and I tried to exit by
pressing Ctrl-D. Unfortunately, geany intercepted this key press and
commented a line of code instead. So, I decided to remove the
keybinding. I went into preferences, clicked on the "comment line"
binding, clicked "Change" and  then clicked "Ok". This seemed to clear
out the shortcut. However, when I went back to the terminal, hitting
Ctl-D still commented a line! So then I restarted geany. Now, when I
am in the terminal, the Ctl-D gets sents properly to python, so that
is ok. But if I am editing a document, hitting Ctl-D copies the
current line. Strange.

Cheers,
Chris Anderson