[Geany] macros tags ctrl+enter

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Nov 27 00:43:27 UTC 2006

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 14:35:54 +0100, manatlan <manatlan at gmail.com> wrote:

> hello, i'm new to geany
> I'm a big fan of python, and i always used scite before (and i'm agree
> scintilla is far beyond gtksourceview ;-)
> I plan to use geany in the near future, because it's scintilla based,
> and brings some enhanced features over scite (but miss some importants
> too, for python language)
>
> In scite, we've got the abbrev features (kind of macros) ... which
> seems to be in geany too , under the macros features ...
>
> But i don't know/understand how it works ...
> I've tested with a lot of "language type", and with geany 0.9 and the
> svn ... (under ubuntu edgy)
> when i press control+return, i've got a "empty popup list" ...
> I can't find any documentation about this feature in the
> mailing/wiki ... how to fill this list ? how to use it ?
Well, this feature was written mostly for C and C++ files where the
list is filled with global macro definitions and global variables.

In Python (and many other languages) Geany doesn't know anything about
macros or something equivalent, so the list is empty.

Tell me what should appear in the list and how to get it.