[Geany] Feature Request: keybindings for changing between tabs

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Nov 22 16:46:55 UTC 2006

On 21/11/06 19:03:15, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 16:24:02 +0100, topi <topi at phreaker.net> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > i miss in geany changing tabs more efficiently, is ctrl + page
> > down/page up the only way to change between tabs, isn't it?
> We already plan to implement this, see
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=787794&aid=1560265&group_id=153444
>
> There are two questions for me:
> a) If we say Alt+1 (or Alt+Tab+1, it doesn't matter at the moment) is
> 1
> the first tab on the left side or on the right side or should it be
> decided using the tab placement setting?
I think the default should be the same as gnome-terminal. If it used
the tab placement setting, then the 1-9 order might be a bit strange,
the keyboard direction would oppose the tab direction on screen. But it
could be made an option.

On a related subject, it seemed to me to be usual to add tabs on the
right, should this be the default for new users? Just that tabbed
browsers and terminals tend to do it this way.

> b) Who will do it? Nick do you want to? I don't have much time in the
> next days but can do it next week.
OK, I'll look at doing this soon.

Regards,
Nick