[Geany] Pascal highlighting

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Nov 14 23:48:34 UTC 2006

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 16:30:53 +1300, Rob van der Linde
<robvdl at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

Hi,

> Just a small bug, most likely something relating to Scintilla though.
>
> Anyway, when using Pascal source files, the last "end." does not get
> syntax-highlighted unless there is a newline just below it. Free
> Pascal doesn't need a newline at the end of it's source files
> normally, so I don't normally place one there (and also turn this
> setting off in the Geany preferences), but it shouldn't really not
> highlight the last "end." if I miss this newline out, should it?
Thanks, I knew this and wanted to fix it but then something other came
to my mind. Should be fixed now in r998.
But I didn't tested it very well. I might be that the fix causes other
wrong highlightings, so I hope you can test it with some more complex
Pascal files than the new file template from Geany. If you don't find
any other wrong highlightings, I'll send the fix to the Scintilla
people.

> Also, if I do place a newline after the last "end.", so it syntax
> highlights, there is another bug where the code folding goes beyond
> the last end.
Yes, I also noticed that while trying to fix the above but I think this
is really not a big problem and I don't want to fix it. Patches are
welcome and/or someone should file a bug at Scintilla's bug tracker.

> The screenshot should explain it better than I can, I hope you don't
> mind attachments on this list, therefore I tried making the file as
> small in size as possible.
Don't worry about the attachments. As long as it is something useful I
have no problem ;-).