[Geany] Cut off scrollbar in message window

Rob van der Linde robvdl at xxxxx
Sun Nov 12 04:38:28 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-11-11 at 16:39 +0000, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> This could be related to the virtual terminal (vte) widget - we had a
> problem before that the default width of the vte would push the
> hscrollbar out of view with larger vte font sizes, and it affected all
> the message window tabs. The solution was to call vte_terminal_set_size
> in vte_char_size_changed, here's the revision link:
> http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/geany?view=rev&revision=565

Yes, I see what you mean, I've been playing around with the vte.c file
for a few hours today, but haven't been able to find a fix for the
vertical scrollbar as of yet.

I've downloaded the source code for Anjuta 2.0.2 and have been comparing
Geany's vte.c file against the Anjuta terminal.c file. Since Anjuta's
appears to not have the scrollbar thing, I thought I'd use that as a
reference.

I think what I will do just for fun is see if I can rebuild vte.c using
Ajuta's terminal.c file as a reference. Don't worry about me, I enjoy
hacking away at source anyway, if I find a solution, I will post it, if
not, well... at least I would have learned something about GTK.