[Geany] Cut off scrollbar in message window

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Sat Nov 11 16:39:20 UTC 2006

On 11/11/06 10:44:05, Rob van der Linde wrote:
> Ok, I'm new to this list, got directed here from a discussion started
> earlier today here:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1594456&group_id=153444&atid=787794
>
> Anyway, I've downloaded the latest source via the SVN (r985) and
> compiled it. I have noticed that the scrollbars do not only get cut of
> in the terminal window as I mentioned in the discussion in the above
> link, but also in the status window, scribble pad, etc..., so I
> thought
> I would see if I can maybe find a solution for it.
>
> [...]
> I initially believed it could be located in msgwindow.c file but it
> could also be the way the message panel is inserted, or one of it's
> properties maybe. The control I believe I should be looking at,
> "scrolledwindow1" or one of it's children, after having a look at the
> geany.glade file.
This could be related to the virtual terminal (vte) widget - we had a
problem before that the default width of the vte would push the
hscrollbar out of view with larger vte font sizes, and it affected all
the message window tabs. The solution was to call vte_terminal_set_size
in vte_char_size_changed, here's the revision link:
http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/geany?view=rev&revision=565

This might not be relevant, but I would try running geany without the
vte: 'geany -t' and see if that affects the problem.

> I've always been interested in either joining an open source project,
> starting a new one, or just helping bits and pieces on existing
> projects
> where I can, but I'm afraid I have very little GTK knowledge as of
> yet.
> I have been programming in DOS, Win32, and OpenGL for 10+ years, both
> low and high level, and I learn new things very quickly.
Welcome to the list...

Regards,
Nick