[Geany] Cut off scrollbar in message window

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Nov 11 14:02:11 UTC 2006

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 23:44:05 +1300, Rob van der Linde
<robvdl at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

Hi,

> Anyway, I've downloaded the latest source via the SVN (r985) and
> compiled it. I have noticed that the scrollbars do not only get cut of
> in the terminal window as I mentioned in the discussion in the above
> link, but also in the status window, scribble pad, etc..., so I
> thought I would see if I can maybe find a solution for it.
>
> I've been plodding away at the source code for a few hours, seeing if
> I can find a solution, but mainly just becoming familiar with the
> source code for now (and GTK in general) and hopefully find where the
> problem could probably be.
>
> I initially believed it could be located in msgwindow.c file but it
> could also be the way the message panel is inserted, or one of it's
> properties maybe. The control I believe I should be looking at,
> "scrolledwindow1" or one of it's children, after having a look at the
> geany.glade file.
You can also look into src/interface.c, this is the generated code from
Glade. But changes should be done in geany.glade because the
interface.c will be overwridden each time glade is used.

> Oh, I also speak two languages, English... and Dutch (although a
> little rusty in Dutch), but I see you already have a Dutch translator?
Yes, we have. But feel free to contact Kurt De Bree(the Dutch
translator) or Frank (frank at frank.uvena.de, our translation maintainer)
to help translating, if you like to.

Thanks for your help.