[Geany] Cut off scrollbar in message window

Rob van der Linde robvdl at xxxxx
Sat Nov 11 10:44:05 UTC 2006

Ok, I'm new to this list, got directed here from a discussion started
earlier today here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1594456&group_id=153444&atid=787794

Anyway, I've downloaded the latest source via the SVN (r985) and
compiled it. I have noticed that the scrollbars do not only get cut of
in the terminal window as I mentioned in the discussion in the above
link, but also in the status window, scribble pad, etc..., so I thought
I would see if I can maybe find a solution for it.

I've been plodding away at the source code for a few hours, seeing if I
can find a solution, but mainly just becoming familiar with the source
code for now (and GTK in general) and hopefully find where the problem
could probably be.

I initially believed it could be located in msgwindow.c file but it
could also be the way the message panel is inserted, or one of it's
properties maybe. The control I believe I should be looking at,
"scrolledwindow1" or one of it's children, after having a look at the
geany.glade file.

I will keep plodding away as I find this quite interesting anyway,
whether I can fix it or not. Any hints that might help will be much
appreciated though.

I'm not an experienced Gnome programmer as of yet, as I have only just
left behind the Windoze environment, but I have about 12-13 years
programming experience mainly in Pascal (DOS), and Delphi (Win32), but
the last 5 years now also in PHP and Java... and some C++, so C code
doesn't scare me a bit ;-)

I've always been interested in either joining an open source project,
starting a new one, or just helping bits and pieces on existing projects
where I can, but I'm afraid I have very little GTK knowledge as of yet.
I have been programming in DOS, Win32, and OpenGL for 10+ years, both
low and high level, and I learn new things very quickly.

I think I should start learning GTK programming now as this interests me
(and the Gnome project in general), maybe in the future I can be of a
bit of help.

Oh, I also speak two languages, English... and Dutch (although a little
rusty in Dutch), but I see you already have a Dutch translator?