[Geany] Re: GTK-Open-Dialog (Windows)

Francois Cami fcami at xxxxx
Wed Nov 8 09:45:08 UTC 2006

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 16:48:16 +0100
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 11:51:03 +0100, Francois Cami <fcami at winsoft.fr>
> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 21:23:57 +0100
> > Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> > > Did you try whether it works with Scite? Sorry, can't say very
> > > much about this at the moment, never played with RTL languages.
> >
> > Either I'm doing something wrong, or Scite cannot display Arabic (on
> > Windows, at least). Geany++ !
> Can you send me zipped test file with some notes what is happening and
> what should happen? Thanks.

See attached file. What should happen is exactly what notepad.exe
does, i.e. :
* the first roman text is normally parsed from left to right,
* then the cursor jumps to the right of the arabic text and parses it
from right to left,
* then the second roman text is parsed from left to right.

geany does _exactly_ that (that's easy to determine, just add a space
into the arabic text, use the right arrow, then add another space and
you'll see that the second space is at the left of the first one, which
is correct) but the cursor is not displayed correctly inside the right
to left text, it stays at one end of the text.

FYI the version of kate I have on FC4 is apparently right-to-left
unaware.

Best,

François