[Geany] XML Colors

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Nov 3 16:12:05 UTC 2006

On 03/11/06 00:58:20, Bob Doan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > It would be nice if you could report your results here. Thanks.
> >
> It seems to me that I would have to specify items by keywords, which
> would be undesirable.  Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something.
I think you can change the unmatched tag, unmatched attribute, etc.
styling for filetypes.xml to use appropriate colours, similar to the
SciTE screenshot. The relevant styles have the prefix html_ at the
moment.

Then one of us can integrate the filetypes.xml changes into
highlighting.c (this is the default, overridden by
/usr/local/share/geany/filetypes.xml, then optionally by
~/.geany/filedefs).

I agree with you & Rowan Lewis that the XML style should not use a list
of known tags & attributes, and doesn't need support for scripting
languages, so we will need to separate these things for HTML and
DocBook. I think much of the styling setup can still be shared for all
markup types, but change the html_prefix to a generic markup name.

> Finally, I found the Auto Indentation handling of the '}' to be
> unnatural, as it would always place the '}' one tab to the right of
> where I wanted it.  My attached patch removes this feature, but I'm
> sure
> the feature is their for a reason, so would anyone mind If I made
> another patch which makes this feature an optional?
An option would be good - it works for the coding style where matching
braces have the same indentation.

> Also it seems 'Find' (Find again works) is broken in SVN head today.
Could you give more information about this? I haven't noticed a
problem. With the Find dialog?

Regards,
Nick