[Geany] XML Colors

Rowan Lewis rowan at xxxxx
Thu Nov 2 23:55:18 UTC 2006

Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 20:52:35 -0500, Bob Doan <bdoan at sicom.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

>> I was trying to figure out how to better color XML documents
>> (Currently the document is mostly in red), but noticed that the
>> syntax highlighting seems to be triggered on keywords.  Is there any
>> easy to to fix this or will changes have to be made in the code?
>>
> Not necessarily. Just copy $prefix/share/geany/filetypes.xml to
> ~/.geany/filetypes.xml and edit it. Probably most things you can change
> there. For more information about these files please read
> http://geany.uvena.de/manual/ch04.html#filetypes and/or ask here again.
>
> It would be nice if you could report your results here. Thanks.
>

>> I tried a later standalone version of scintilla and it does not have
>> this problem, but it seems that the highlighting scheme is different.
>>
> Standalone version? You mean Scite?
>
> Regards,
> Enrico
>
> --
> Get my GPG key from http://www.uvena.de/pub.key

Hey,

I'd like to note something about this, currently XML and HTML are
handled by the same style, which isn't correct since in HTML you have a
limited number of elements, and in XML you're able to create your own
unique elements. Right now, when working with say XSLT documents, all
the XSLT elements are marked with the unknown style (red), when really,
there shouldn't be any unknown style for XML documents.

I'd like to see that split up, so you have a HTML style which includes
the PHP, ASP and JavaScript support, but also a more general XML style.

Also, I've noticed that XSLT files (.xsl application/xslt+xml) are not
considered XML, so it'd be great if they where :)

Thanks, Rowan.