[Geany] XML Colors

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Nov 2 17:24:13 UTC 2006

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 20:52:35 -0500, Bob Doan <bdoan at sicom.com> wrote:

Hi,

> I was trying to figure out how to better color XML documents
> (Currently the document is mostly in red), but noticed that the
> syntax highlighting seems to be triggered on keywords.  Is there any
> easy to to fix this or will changes have to be made in the code?
Not necessarily. Just copy $prefix/share/geany/filetypes.xml to
~/.geany/filetypes.xml and edit it. Probably most things you can change
there. For more information about these files please read
http://geany.uvena.de/manual/ch04.html#filetypes and/or ask here again.

It would be nice if you could report your results here. Thanks.

> I tried a later standalone version of scintilla and it does not have
> this problem, but it seems that the highlighting scheme is different.
Standalone version? You mean Scite?