[Geany] general suggestions

headstone headstones at xxxxx
Wed May 10 16:15:33 UTC 2006

On Wed, 10 May 2006 16:07:15 +0200, Enrico Tröger
<enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 10 May 2006 13:15:02 +0200, headstone <headstones at web.de> wrote:
>> 1. longline marker
>> Currently the distance to the left border is given by a number of
>> pixel (am I right?).
> No, it uses columns.
>> So it will still be usable
>>   - when using the zoom funktion
>>   - or switching to another Font
> The long line marker behaves correctly on zooming and also on changing
> the font. The only thing to take care about is to choose a
> monospace font(obviously).
With a monospaced font it works.
I don't know why i didn't used a monospaced font up from the start as
usual.

>> 3. unused symbols
>> is it possible that unused symbols won't be displayed
> What do you mean by unused symbols? Where should they not to be
> displayed, in the symbol list in the sidebar?
Yes I mean the sidebar.
There are entrys like "Members", "Makro", "Struckt / Typedef" ,
"Variablen", "Sonstiges"
(These are entrys in the german version)
All these entrys are empty.
On the otherside there are Entrys like "Klassen" and "Funktionen"
presenting a (colapsable) tree with all classes or functions in the
current sourcecode.
I Know these entrys are only filled, when there is a counterpart in the
sourcecode.
But while I don't use a class there is no need for a "Klassen" entry in
the sidebar. The same for "Makros".

Why is the Entry "Variablen" not filled even if there are variables in my
soucecode?

here are som lines in python  (just an excerpt, not runable):
---------------- snip
#!/usr/bin/python
# -*- encoding: latin-1 -*-

# todo: Errorhandling if init values are not set

import Tkinter # only needet in this prototype
import time # only needet in this prototype
werte = [1, 30, -40, 30, 50, 130, 90]

class Graf:
    '''foobar class docstring'''
    def __init__(self, values):
       self.values = values
       self.zero_line = None
       self.border_bottom = 10.0
       self.graf_upside_down = True

##
################# setters
##
    def set_borders(self, border_left, border_bottom):
    '''foobar function docstring'''
       # todo: make shure values are saved as floats
       self.border_bottom = border_bottom
       self.border_left = border_left
---------------- snapp

>> 4. Parser to find classes or functions
>> I used the word "class" in a comment, geany thought it is another
>> class definition, so it adds this "class" to the symbol view.
>> The same to function definitions.
> Which filetype? Can you give some example code?
Filetype = *.py
Examplecode:

# this test demonstrates how the words " class comment1 " and " def
comment1 "are interpreted by geany
## this test demonstrates how the words " class comment2 " and " def are
interpreted by geany
''' this test demonstrates how the words " class string1 " and " def
string1 " are interpreted by geany'''
""" this test demonstrates how the words " class string2 " and " def
string2 " are interpreted by geany"""

Only line 3 seems to bee  problematic.

cu Mr_Snede