[Geany] general suggestions

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed May 10 14:07:15 UTC 2006

On Wed, 10 May 2006 13:15:02 +0200, headstone <headstones at web.de> wrote:

Hi,

> 1. longline marker
> Currently the distance to the left border is given by a number of
> pixel (am I right?).
No, it uses columns.
> So it will still be usable
>   - when using the zoom funktion
>   - or switching to another Font
The long line marker behaves correctly on zooming and also on changing
the font. The only thing to take care about is to choose a
monospace font(obviously).

> 2. scrolling
> scrolling eats a lot of CPU on my system is there something like
> "smoth scolling" enebled by default?
Not really, but I'll try to make it faster.

> 3. unused symbols
> is it possible that unused symbols won't be displayed
What do you mean by unused symbols? Where should they not to be
displayed, in the symbol list in the sidebar?

> 4. typo
> There is an Typo in the german reload tooltip:
>   "Ließt Datei neu ein"  Ließt –> Liest
Fixed.

> 4. Parser to find classes or functions
> I used the word "class" in a comment, geany thought it is another
> class definition, so it adds this "class" to the symbol view.
> The same to function definitions.
Which filetype? Can you give some example code?

> By the way:
> Sorry for the troubles with my last mail, i used the wrong e-mail
> adress to send
No problem.

regards,

Geany, a lightweight IDE using GTK2 - http://geany.uvena.de