[Geany] Thanks

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Jun 29 20:33:29 UTC 2006

On 29/06/06 19:41:32, Nexu wrote:
> Just been working all day in Geany and i'm very happy with reordable
> tabs.
> [...]
> So a big thanks for quick reply and implementation (well its in the
> SVN is what i mean :).

Glad the tab reordering works for you. It works best on GTK+ 2.8
because 2.6 has some bugs regarding notebook tab DnD.

The problem on GTK+ 2.6 was that a notebook drag is wrongly started
when selecting text in Scintilla after clicking to select a notebook
tab (without dragging). The current workaround is to disable tab DnD
whilst the cursor is over the editor, but to re-enable it when over a
tab, but this doesn't work perfectly. On my system running GTK+ 2.6 the
first attempt at dragging the tab won't work, but the second will.

We could use some more testing of this, and we would also welcome any
coding advice about this for GTK+ 2.6. The code is in SVN.

Regards,
Nick