[Geany] Feature wish: Subversion repos utilities

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Jun 17 09:28:07 UTC 2006

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 21:40:43 +0100, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On 16/06/06 20:55:50, Nexu wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm using this very nice lightweight IDE to code my Python projects
> > in.
> > What i would really like to see is the ability to work with
> > Subversion(SVN) repositories to check status, logs, diff, checkout,
> > update and commit files, all the essential SVN commands from the IDE
> > within the GUI.
> > The message 'window' area would be very suitable for this imo.
> >

> Hi,
> It's a nice idea but I'm not convinced that it fits with keeping Geany
> lightweight. It could turn out to be quite a major addition so I
> think neither myself nor Enrico will be likely to implement this, at
Yes, at least not at the moment. We want to get to Geany 1.0. This
means there has to come encoding support and project management.
All other (bigger) feature requests have to wait. Sorry, but for me the
1.0 is more important. After that, a plugin structure is possible(see

regards,

Geany, a lightweight IDE using GTK2 - http://geany.uvena.de