[Geany] Extending Geany

Kurt Maier karmaflux at xxxxx
Fri Jun 16 20:48:54 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've seen a lot of feature requests for things that don't fit Geany's
"keep it lightweight" philosophy.  I was wondering how hard it would
be to make Geany extensible?  Xchat, Gaim, and many other programs
have perl scripting plugins, as well as python, tcl, and other sorts.

I'd be interested to know if this is feasible -- if Geany had some
kind of plugin architecture, we could keep the benefits of a small
IDE, but allow third-party customization for things like subversion,
gdb, and so on.

Kurt H. Maier