[Geany] crash on startup

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Jul 27 21:53:32 UTC 2006

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 23:13:26 +0200, "Sascha Heid"
<saschaheid at gmail.com> wrote:

> There are some news.
> I didn't notice that GTK+-2.8 is still installed on my system (2.10 is
> from bmg which is slotted, so both are installed).
> While geany compiles it says: Using GTK version                  :
> 2.8.20 and so we can rule out GTK+-2.10 causing the problem, right?
Maybe, but not sure. You can compile an application against GTK 2.8 and
run it with GTK 2.10.
So, perhaps the configure script detects first the GTK 2.8 development
files and use them. But when running Geany, the runtime libraries from
GTK 2.10 are found first.

Replace the attached main.c with src/main.c in your geany source
directory. Compile it and say us what it printed out.
It should print as the first output at all your GLib and GTK version
(runtime version).

Why and how did you install these two GTK versions?