[Geany] Geany SVN windows build.

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Sat Jul 22 18:30:39 UTC 2006

On 21/07/06 17:15:06, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> On 20/07/06 15:49:14, F. Cami wrote:
>> Nick Treleaven wrote:

> After some more Windows testing I've found the cause of the segfault -
> it is only when the current file has no filename
This is fixed now in SVN.

>>> Interesting - the results appear in the Messages window just like
>>> on *nix?
>>
>> Yes. I use grep from unxutils and specified the path to grep.exe in
>> geany's config, and it works just like on *nix.
> I have just tried the SVN windows build on Windows XP SP2 with the
> GTK+ 2.8.9 runtime EXE installer, and with the latest grep.exe from
> unxutils.sf.net and FIF did NOT work. (I also tried grep from MinGW).
> It was the same command prompt window that popped up, scrolled and
> then disappeared.
I tried again today in XP and it worked! François: apologies for my
confusion. I guess it must have been because yesterday I only logged
out rather than rebooting after installing the GTK+ runtime [it doesn't
prompt for a restart if you don't install the language support]. For
the record today it worked with the 2.8.18 runtime, but after checking
the source of 2.8.9 it should work with that also.
(g_io_channel_unix_new does just call g_io_channel_win32_new_fd
internally.)

Many thanks for reporting this ;-)

Regards,
Nick