[Geany] Geany SVN windows build.

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Jul 21 16:15:06 UTC 2006

On 20/07/06 15:49:14, F. Cami wrote:
> Nick Treleaven wrote:

After some more Windows testing I've found the cause of the segfault -
it is only when the current file has no filename (this didn't show up
in *nix because glibc printf handles null strings with %s, but it's
still a bug). This will be fixed for 0.8.

So for this SVN windows build, just avoid using FIF on an untitled new
file.

>>> Find in files works fine here. XP SP2 + GTK+ 2.8.9. Any test case
>>> to reproduce the bug ?
>> Interesting - the results appear in the Messages window just like on
>> *nix?
>
> Yes. I use grep from unxutils and specified the path to grep.exe in
> geany's config, and it works just like on *nix.
I have just tried the SVN windows build on Windows XP SP2 with the GTK+
2.8.9 runtime EXE installer, and with the latest grep.exe from
unxutils.sf.net and FIF did NOT work. (I also tried grep from MinGW).
It was the same command prompt window that popped up, scrolled and then
disappeared.

So AFAICT, the only way it could work is if you have a more recent
version of GLib than the one distributed with the GTK+ 2.8.9 runtime
EXE installer (gtk+-2.8.9-setup-1.zip).

 From the gtk.org site:
"Please note that gtk+ 2.8.15 and later require glib 2.10.1 (or later)"

Just to be absolutely sure, you are definitely using 'Search->Find in
files' and not 'Find usage' from the popup editor menu?

Regards,
Nick