[Geany] Weird positioning of the folding

Alexandre Moreira alexandream at xxxxx
Thu Jul 20 17:00:18 UTC 2006

2006/7/20, Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com>:

> On 19/07/06 18:41:13, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> > On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 14:11:37 -0300, "Alexandre Moreira"
> > <alexandream at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I just noticed the fold-end marker is positioned in a weird place,
> > > near the next off-the-fold element it finds. Is this intentional ?
> > >
> > > If not, is this a scintilla quirck or can this be modified with
> > > Geany ?
> > This is a Scintilla issue, but I find it not that bad. Perhaps
> > uncommonly but not really wrong.
> >
> > Just file a bugreport for the Scintilla project or even better send
> > them a patch. Or just leave it as it is.
> This is not a bug in Scintilla.
>
> This is because Geany uses the fold.compact setting. I think we should
> turn this off ;-)

If this is a setting easily turned on/off I believe we could give the user
the rights to change it. If not now (I believe this would be too much hassle
for such a tiny reason) we could do it "whenever we have a plugin system"
and work on something like Gaim's "Extended preferences" plugin.

until then, I believe I can patch my own version to behave the way I like
it. Nick, can you point me the file ?

Cheers,
Alexandre Moreira.

@Enrico: I will remove it unless you prefer it.