[Geany] Geany SVN windows build.

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Jul 20 13:38:04 UTC 2006

On 20/07/06 13:22:01, F. Cami wrote:
> Nick Treleaven wrote:
>
>> I did notice a general problem with Find in files though, I will
>> disable it for a Windows build until we have a workaround for
>> GIOChannel. Anyone running this SVN Windows build should avoid using
>> Find in files - it will probably segfault.
>
> Never tell me to avoid doing something... :)
>
> Find in files works fine here. XP SP2 + GTK+ 2.8.9. Any test case to
> reproduce the bug ?
Interesting - the results appear in the Messages window just like on
*nix?

This means there must be a workaround in GLib (2.8) to make
g_io_channel_unix_new work in Windows; perhaps it just calls
g_io_channel_win32_new_fd internally. This may only work with Windows
XP - I will try this on a friend's laptop.

In Windows 2000 I think FIF segfaulted once but after that the results
would scroll past in a command shell and disappear before I could read
them; in Windows ME it always segfaulted.

I will look into this before the 0.8 release, and if possible just
disable Windows FIF on GLib < 2.8 or WinME/2K.

This is interesting because we could enable other uses of GIOChannel on
Windows, e.g. for building; but this is probably a fair way off yet.

BTW Find usage should still work fine in all Windows versions.

Regards,
Nick