[Geany] [Geany 0.8svn win32] wishlist

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Jul 20 11:27:51 UTC 2006

On 19/07/06 18:22:00, Enrico Tröger wrote:

> loaded,
> scribble,
> commands
> > > Possible, at least for non-Windows systems ;-). I'll keep it in
> > > mind.
> >

> > This is just one of the many things that make a tiny voice in my
> head
> > scream "plugin system!".
> >
> >  I believe (and others may correct me if I'm wrong) it would be a
> > good idea to postpone this kind of feature until 1.0 is released,
> > then work on a plugin system that allows this kind of feature to be
> > written outside the Geany core.
> >
> > What do you think ?
> I can live with waiting for 1.0 ;-).
> Perhaps it is possible in a similar way as on Unix systems, but
> probably Nick can answer more accurately.
Well I'm fairly sure it's possible on Windows, but I'm not sure how to
do it ;-) I think it definitely shouldn't be in the core of Geany.
(N.B. The VTE library is loaded like a plugin already, but the wrapping
code is part of Geany. If someone wants to write/integrate a DLL do
this for a win32 command prompt or interpreter, great [but not me *g*]).

I'm not going to start work on a plugin system until after 1.0. It's
possible someone else could look at this though.

BTW If anyone wants to do any of the extension work for Windows or
other work, please email Enrico and myself before starting it ;-).

I think at least a Run command in Windows should be implemented by 1.0
anyway.

Regards,
Nick