[Geany] [Geany 0.8svn win32] wishlist

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Jul 19 17:22:00 UTC 2006

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:17:48 -0300, "Alexandre Moreira"
<alexandream at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > * if editing perl or python [detecting a .py or .pl script loaded,
> > > maybe...] code, having another tab (next to the console, scribble,
> > > status tabs) with an interpreter running inside (to type commands
> > > in) would be extra nice, along with a "reset" button to restart
> > > that interpreter.
> > Possible, at least for non-Windows systems ;-). I'll keep it in
> > mind.
>

> This is just one of the many things that make a tiny voice in my head
> scream "plugin system!".
>
>  I believe (and others may correct me if I'm wrong) it would be a
> good idea to postpone this kind of feature until 1.0 is released,
> then work on a plugin system that allows this kind of feature to be
> written outside the Geany core.
>
> What do you think ?
I can live with waiting for 1.0 ;-).
Perhaps it is possible in a similar way as on Unix systems, but
probably Nick can answer more accurately.

> PS: Sorry for the duplicated message, Enrico. Somehow this list is
> not being worked out correctly in my gmail account the way others
> do... odd.
No problem.
What doesn't do this list what others do? This list is driven by
mailman, like many, many others too. The Reply-To-Headers aren't
changed since this is recommend and smart MUAs(aka email clients)
should be able to handle this. Thunderbird is an example for a MUA
which can't handle it correctly.
Tell me what's going wrong and we can look for a solution.