[Geany] [Geany 0.8svn win32] wishlist

Alexandre Moreira alexandream at xxxxx
Wed Jul 19 15:17:48 UTC 2006

2006/7/19, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:

> On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:20:00 +0200, "F. Cami" <fcami.ext at winsoft.fr>
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > [win32 specific]
> > * there is no windows console tab (cmd.exe on this XP install), it
> > would be nice to have one (like on UNIX systems)
> I don't know how to embed this, but perhaps we'll find a way in the
> future.
>
> > * there is no "run" button. I do Python scripting, using
> > ActiveState's python install, so I guess Geany could be made to
> > determine how to run the script (python.exe is in PATH) and show the
> > "run" button, I suppose.
> This probably will come. At the moment all build related commands are
> disabled under Windows, sorry.
>
> > [general issues / comments]
> > * "replace tabs by space" [should be : "replace tabs by spaces" IMHO]
> > works better, since it does not go to file's start each time it is run
> better? Still something not perfect?
>
> > * if editing perl or python [detecting a .py or .pl script loaded,
> > maybe...] code, having another tab (next to the console, scribble,
> > status tabs) with an interpreter running inside (to type commands in)
> > would be extra nice, along with a "reset" button to restart that
> > interpreter.
> Possible, at least for non-Windows systems ;-). I'll keep it in mind.

This is just one of the many things that make a tiny voice in my head scream
"plugin system!".

 I believe (and others may correct me if I'm wrong) it would be a good idea
to postpone this kind of feature until 1.0 is released, then work on a
plugin system that allows this kind of feature to be written outside the
Geany core.

What do you think ?

> Thanks for this already excellent tool.
> Thank you too for testing and using ;-)
>
> Regards,
> Enrico
>
> --
> Get my GPG key from http://www.uvena.de/pub.key

Alexandre Moreira.

PS: Sorry for the duplicated message, Enrico. Somehow this list is not being
worked out correctly in my gmail account the way others do... odd.