[Geany] first experiences with geany, and some questions

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Jul 19 09:02:14 UTC 2006

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 09:51:39 +0200, Nexu <nexu.jin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 01:33 -0400, John Gabriele wrote:
> > * Edit --> Insert Comments --> GPL notice. Nice touch. :) (though
> > why the extra indent there?)
>
> Reminds me: a configurable "date/time" would be a good addition to
> that list.
It's on the TODO list.

> Another proposal: sorting file tabs doesn't sort the order shown in
> file listing sidebar; the file listing should be synced with the
> order of the tabs.
Oops. You are right, they should be in sync.

> Bug: option "Load files from last session" doesn't work correctly.
> files opened are not reopened when restarting Geany.
Can you explain it in more detail?
This feature exists since 0.1 and nobody reported a malfunction.
There are only a few cases where Geany ignore or doesn't open the files
from last session:
- one or more of the files can't be opened(moved, deleted, no
permission)
- Geany was started with filenames specified on the command line
- the option to load files from last session was disabled(default is on)