[Geany] [Geany 0.8svn win32] wishlist

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Jul 19 08:57:56 UTC 2006

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:20:00 +0200, "F. Cami" <fcami.ext at winsoft.fr>
wrote:

Hi,

> [win32 specific]
> * there is no windows console tab (cmd.exe on this XP install), it
> would be nice to have one (like on UNIX systems)
I don't know how to embed this, but perhaps we'll find a way in the
future.

> * there is no "run" button. I do Python scripting, using
> ActiveState's python install, so I guess Geany could be made to
> determine how to run the script (python.exe is in PATH) and show the
> "run" button, I suppose.
This probably will come. At the moment all build related commands are
disabled under Windows, sorry.

> [general issues / comments]
> * "replace tabs by space" [should be : "replace tabs by spaces" IMHO]
> works better, since it does not go to file's start each time it is run
better? Still something not perfect?

> * if editing perl or python [detecting a .py or .pl script loaded,
> maybe...] code, having another tab (next to the console, scribble,
> status tabs) with an interpreter running inside (to type commands in)
> would be extra nice, along with a "reset" button to restart that
> interpreter.
Possible, at least for non-Windows systems ;-). I'll keep it in mind.

> Thanks for this already excellent tool.
Thank you too for testing and using ;-)