[Geany] first experiences with geany, and some questions

Luzi Thöny lucius.antonius at xxxxx
Wed Jul 19 08:17:19 UTC 2006

> 2. How can I write my own syntax highlighting colorscheme? I'd like to
> maybe make something like this:
> http://radarzombies.org/slinky/zenburn-snapshot.png
> (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=415).

 read ~/.geany/filedefs/filetypes.README

3. How can I learn about more text editing keybindings such as
> up-/down-by-paragraph, indent-/dedent-current selection, go to
> definition, hop between matching brackets/braces/parenthese, etc.?

indent: Tab
unindent: Shift+Tab

> By the way, although I'm not familiar with GTK programming, I think
> I'd read that some GTK-based editors (such as Anjuta and GEdit) use
> GtkSourceview (http://gtksourceview.sourceforge.net/). Does geany use
> Scintilla in place of that? If so, just curious, why?

check the mailinglist archive, this has been discussed before. yes it's
scintilla, and that's because it has more features (or used to have more,
and now it's too late to change).

I don't know about the other questions.

cheers
~luzi