[Geany] Symbols Window in Perl files.

Alexandre Moreira alexandream at xxxxx
Tue Jul 18 17:42:22 UTC 2006

I started testing Geany in my work with some perl files and found something
quite annoying. Asking here to see if this is intended.

When I open a perl file, the symbols list show me every "my" scoped variable
in the file, even those embedded into a function (that is, the kind of
variables other languages would call "stack local with static scope"). Is
that the way you wanted it ?

In my opinion it is quite annoying to have every local variable shown in the
Symbols list, as it is better suited for workspace navigation. As such, I'd
say the best option would be to show only "my" global functions (global to
file).

Cheers,
Alexandre Moreira.