[Geany] Questions regarding characterset encoding

Tim Tassonis timtas at xxxxx
Mon Jul 17 13:31:11 UTC 2006

Hi Enrico

I have noticed that support for different characterset encodings is now
present in geany and so I now was able to fully switch to geany for my
programming stuff.

Thanks a lot again for this really great program.

However, I have one remaining questions:

If have have a file _not_ containing any non-asci characters and open it
in geany, it will always assume UTF-8 encoding, regardless of my default
characterset setting in geany. Example, hello.c:

#include <stdio.h>
int main(int argc, char ** argv)
{
	printf("Hello, world!\n");
}

There seems to be no way of forcing geany to open this file as iso8859-1.

I tried also to set

LC_CTYPE.de_CH.ISO8859-1

but this does not help, either.

Bye