[Geany] Bug? iconv

brahmann brahmann at xxxxx
Mon Jul 17 10:06:44 UTC 2006

Enrico Tröger wrote:
>>  I saw yesterday a bug, document was created with default encoding
>>koi8-r and then, when i want to save it, geany said "unable convert
>>from utf-8 to ko8-r" and crashed.
>
> I can reproduce it and will have a look at it this evening.
> But here Geany doesn't crash. Can you run geany in a debugger to get a
> backtrace?

  Maybe i`m wrong, but just now Geany said "unable to convert bla bla
bla bla" - and then i _want_ to save it - it did crash, again but in
next step.
  I think something wrong in locale settings, cauze my default locale is
set up in C(but all fonts and enveroment like LC_ALL LC_MESSAGES setup
in ru_RU.KOI8-R) but russian in netbsd not so easy to set up that in
freebsd or other, there are two ways - one way setuped in my system(not
the netbsd`s team recomended way, but really usefull not as recomended
wich till this days bugged). It`s known problem with russian from 2001
with netbsd popularity raised. :( All other(utf-8 and others) work
perfectly(russain Geany works fine too, before it`s crashed at this time
on save in other encoding).

What Geany calling for converting files before saveing? Iconv on console
work fine too ;] but it`s not a right way i think...

    log:

** INFO: (null) : C (KOI8R)
** INFO: encoding error: Unable to open or convert(this was in russian)
"UTF-8" into "KOI8R")
** INFO: Quitting...

Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXrender.so.1
#0  0x485253e0 in g_datalist_id_get_data () from
/usr/pkg/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0
(gdb)

wbr, Yaroslav Mudriy aka brahmann

PS.sorry for mistakes - i`m just in bed =] just in waking up process