[Geany] Default Encoding

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Jul 13 18:15:34 UTC 2006

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:51:19 +0200, Andreas Tscharner
<andy at vis.ethz.ch> wrote:

Hi Andreas,

> I've installed geany a few days ago for trying. I actually like it
> very much, but one thing bugs me: My default encoding is ISO-8859-15,
> geany uses UTF-8 and I don't seem to have a possibility to configure
> it. The last 15min I was searching in the mailinglist archives, but I
> didn't find anything...
>
> Is there a way to configure it (Am I just blind) or is not yet
> implemented?
As Christoph mentioned, encoding support is available in the SVN
version of Geany. How to use it, is described on
http://geany.uvena.de/Download/SVN.

I would like you to test it, because I think it needs some more testing
to find possible bugs(one is known and will be fixed soon, but it
doesn't affect you if you are using an ISO encoding).

Geany, a lightweight IDE using GTK2 - http://geany.uvena.de