[Geany] bug: running python programs from different location

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Jul 11 14:01:45 UTC 2006

On 10/07/06 20:50:26, Yura Semashko wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have the following python project structure:
>
> data/helper.py
> main.py
>
> main.py is using helper.py (don't know if this important)
>
> How to reproduce:
>
> 1) Open both files in geany
> 2) Run main.py (F5)
> 3) click to helper.py and run it (F5)
> 4) click to main.py and try to run it (F5) (this run will fail, and
> also copy
> of main.py will appear in "data" directory)
Hi,
I think you may have used the command-line to open one or both of these
files. I have just made an SVN commit that will add the current
directory to any command-line opened files (without a full path) so
that Geany treats them the same as it treats full path filenames from
e.g. the Open File dialog.

I hope this fixes your problem, if not, please see my first email in
this thread ;-)

Thanks for reporting the problem.

Regards,
Nick