[Geany] bug: running python programs from different location

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Jul 11 11:56:24 UTC 2006

On 10/07/06 20:50:26, Yura Semashko wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have the following python project structure:
>
> data/helper.py
> main.py
>
> main.py is using helper.py (don't know if this important)
>
> How to reproduce:
>
> 1) Open both files in geany
> 2) Run main.py (F5)
> 3) click to helper.py and run it (F5)
> 4) click to main.py and try to run it (F5) (this run will fail, and
> also copy
> of main.py will appear in "data" directory)
Hi,
I can't reproduce this.
Can you explain:
How you opened the files - e.g. from the command line/with open toolbar
button/etc.
How you switched files - e.g. left clicking the notebook tab/using the
Open files pane/etc.
What state of execution main.py and helper.py were in - e.g. was each
of them still running, or had they finished executing?
Do you get any status messages when the file does not run?

Also what do you mean by a 'copy of main.py' - is this just the
filename, with 0 bytes contents, or is it a full copy of the file?

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. Could you email me and Enrico a copy of these files if possible?