[Geany] 64bit support

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Jul 10 22:54:29 UTC 2006

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 23:43:01 +0100 (BST), Lionel B
<lionelbuk at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> --- Yura Semashko <yurand2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Monday 10 July 2006 12:55, Lionel B wrote:
> > > For general info, I was able to compile Geany (0.7.1) successfully
> > from
> > > tarball on a 64-bit arch (Intel Xeon running RH Enterprise Linux
> > 4). As I
> > > recall, the only tweaking required was that I had to point the
> > linker
> > > explicitly to /usr/lib64 with:
> > >
> > > LDFLAGS=-Wl,-rpath /usr/lib64
> > >
> > > as it would otherwise search for some system libs (can't recall
> > which...)
> > > in /usr/lib and reject them as incompatible.
> >

> My RH maintains 64-bit libs in /usr/lib64 and 32-bit libs in /usr/lib,
> so you have the option to compile code as 64-bit or 32-bit (maybe this
> is a Xeon thing). Most configure scripts seem to identify the
> architecture as x86_64 and resolve the correct library path
> accordingly... not sure why geany's didn't (maybe I should have
> enabled the-force :)
I guess this won't solve the problem ;-). But perhaps it makes it less
worse.

> I have occasionally had similar issues with other tarballs but am an
> autoconf/automake know-nothing so have no idea why.
I'd like to help you, but I don't know where to start. If you come
across a tarball with a working configure, please send me its
configure.in or configure.ac.

Thanks,

Geany, a lightweight IDE using GTK2 - http://geany.uvena.de