[Geany] Message window "quirk"

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Sun Jul 2 11:37:48 UTC 2006

On 02/07/06 00:38:48, Alexandre Moreira wrote:
> I don't know if you guys intended this behavior but here goes my
> impression on a interface (in my opinion) issue.
>
> If I try to scale down the Message window, geany will allow me to do
> so to such a extent that it will endup hiding some of the lower tabs.
>
> For usability reasons I think it would be sensible to allow the user
> only to shrink the window to the size the tabs will be visible (bad
> Idea in my opinion) or to move the tabs to the bottom or top of the
> area, so they don't need so much vertical space in the screen (which
> I'd vote for).
>
> As I'm only the "newcomer" I understand if this is the behavior you
> want, just thought I should add a couple cents :)
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre Moreira.
>
> PS: I tried to find a way to change the position of the tabs, but
> could not. If this option exists please ignore the above complaint :)

Hi,
I think we could add a preference to allow a different position.
Personally I prefer the message window tabs on the left because it
saves me vertical space (since I need about 6 lines visible anyway) as
messages rarely take up the width of the message window.

In the meantime you might be interested in setting the 'Toggle Messages
Window' keybinding in Preferences to vertical save space.

Thanks,
Nick