[geany] 0.4- Bug report

Ali Shah caffeinebot at xxxxx
Wed Jan 18 16:24:43 UTC 2006

I have just finished compiling 0.4 and this time it worked (yay!) -
regardless I have found a weird segmentation fault when I try and close
multiple windows via the control-w key sequence. It doesn't segfault on a
particular file, usually its the second file (never the first) or also most
often at "in.h". I have attached the files I have loaded in succession using
control-o. I have also tried to do a backtrace (I think- not completely sure
if I did it right- please let me know):

This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...Using host libthread_db
library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/geany

0xb7baa335 in g_type_check_instance_is_a () from /usr/lib/libgobject-
2.0.so.0
(gdb)

On occasion I get this output as well directly in console:

(geany:10369): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_destroy: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET
(widget)' failed

(geany:10369): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_destroy: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET
(widget)' failed
Segmentation fault

Please let me know if anyone can also reproduce this bug with the include
files. (Apparantly all other files from other projects do not induce this
error)

Thanks again for this wonderful app!
Oh and I'm really looking forward to user specific keyshortcuts- being an
avid ion3 user, nothing would please me more =)
Ali