[Geany] Wishes

Enrico Troeger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Jan 18 10:11:59 UTC 2006

On 01/18/06 10:56, Kristoffer A. Tjernås wrote:
> Hi, and thanks for a wonderfully light Editor/IDE!

Hi,

> 1) Goto linenumber functionality
Press right mouse button in a editing window, and look at the end of the
popup menu ;-)

> 2) commandline option to open a file in a new tab in the already running instance
> of Geany. So I could use the built-in terminal to open files for editing :)
I put it to the TODO list.

> 3) Customizable short-keys
This is already on the TODO list.

> 4) Customizable toolbar buttons. Ability to create buttons that can:
> - run a script/command and input the result in the active file at the marker/selected
> text.
> - run a script/command and return the result in a dialog or message window.
Unsure whether I implement this, but probably I will rewrite the whole
compiling and building section and I will this keep in mind.

> 5) Configurable "messages window" placement. Maybe I'm weird, but I would find
> it usefull to have these on left or right, instead of bottom.
I don't think that this will be implemented because this causes too much
code to be changed, sorry.

> 6) Inverted colors on selected text (like someone already mentioned)
Yes, it was already mentioned, it is on the TODO list, but at the moment
I have no idea how to implement.

> 7) If you ever include a "Project Manager", make a general (simple project) option to
> add single files and filetypes like *.php, *.pl etc. With a "project files" list in the
> "left window". And a customizable command to package all the files in the project :)
Ok, when I implement a project management I will do this, but this would
take some(i.e. a lot of ;-)) time.

> 8) customizable short-keys to show/hide the "left window" and "messages window".
Ok, will be done when I implement the customizable short-keys.

Thanks for your suggestions.

regards,