[Geany] some suggestions

Enrico Troeger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Jan 14 01:02:32 UTC 2006

headstone schrieb am 13.01.2006 12:41:
> Hi List, hi Enrico.
Hi Sebastian,

> At first thanks for geany so far, it looks verry promising.
thanks.

> 1. Why are some settings hard-coded?
> ie shortcuts
> As Nick Treleaven found a conflict with a global  one.
> I like to suggest a textfile(your existing settings file), created on
> first load by geanys (hardcodet) default keys.
> But it should be able to override the default keys.
> Syntax could look something like: key="key1+key2 geany_action" -->
> key="ctrl+alt+s safe"
> You can't fit all yousers aims and needs and shortcuts are very important.
I will write it to the TODO list, but in the coming 0.5 release it won't
be appear.

> 2. Syntaxhighlighting
> Currently your nice syntaxhighlighting is replaced by a single color when
> code is marked (ie for copy'n paste)
> Maybe the colors could just be inverted.
Ok, I will have a look if it is easily possible, but this looks like a
Scintilla issue, and we will see. I goes to the TODO list, too. ;-)

> 3. Search on typing
> I like inlinesearch which mets all occurences of a currently typed
> sequence of chars
> have al look at the search in Firefox or Opera 9pre(just hit the dot: "."
> and start typing)
My Firefox doesn' do anything by pressing ".", but I saw it in Opera.
But this behaviour is similar like pressing CTRL+F to bring up the find
dialog. I can add a (later configurable) shortcut to put the cursor in
the search field in the toolbar.

> 4. toggle the sidebar
> Like Opera (Left Mouse Click over geanys left window border)
Do you mean to hide and show it? Look in the preferences dialog on the
first tab, there are two options to show the open files list and the
symbol list, if you disable both, the sidebar won't be shown.

> 5. Filelist for the sidebar
See above, in the sidebar you have a open files list, you can enable or
disable it in the preferences dialog.

>  From your todo list I am waiting for codefolding
Yes, it will come, anytime.

> Hope it isn't to much.
No, but it will take some time ;-)
I will release Geany 0.5 next week, probably. But this will be mainly a
bugfixing release, with less new features. Then I have to prepare to the
term examinations and then I will reduce the TODO list. So, please be
patient ;-).

Thanks,