[Geany] some suggestions

headstone headstones at xxxxx
Fri Jan 13 11:41:55 UTC 2006

Hi List, hi Enrico.
At first thanks for geany so far, it looks verry promising.

1. Why are some settings hard-coded?
ie shortcuts
As Nick Treleaven found a conflict with a global  one.
I like to suggest a textfile(your existing settings file), created on
first load by geanys (hardcodet) default keys.
But it should be able to override the default keys.
Syntax could look something like: key="key1+key2 geany_action" -->
key="ctrl+alt+s safe"
You can't fit all yousers aims and needs and shortcuts are very important.

2. Syntaxhighlighting
Currently your nice syntaxhighlighting is replaced by a single color when
code is marked (ie for copy'n paste)
Maybe the colors could just be inverted.

3. Search on typing
I like inlinesearch which mets all occurences of a currently typed
sequence of chars
have al look at the search in Firefox or Opera 9pre(just hit the dot: "."
and start typing)

4. toggle the sidebar
Like Opera (Left Mouse Click over geanys left window border)

5. Filelist for the sidebar

 From your todo list I am waiting for codefolding

Hope it isn't to much.
As mentioned in debianforum.de some suggestions for python support will
come in a several post.

cu Sebastian Koch