[Geany] More on funky tab coloring problem

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Sat Dec 30 11:59:32 UTC 2006

On 29/12/06 17:23:35, Josef Whiter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been looking into this weird tab coloring problem I've been
> having
> with the latest SVN pull of geany.  Running it through valgrind and
> such I
> was getting read errors on unintialized values in
> ui_tree_view_find_next,
I assume you mean ui_update_tab_status() ;-)

> so I started poking around in there to see what was going on.  After
> adding a few printf's valgrind has stopped complaining, but I'm
> noticing
> that the document style's colors change.  So if document_get_status()
> returns a NULL color, we change the tabs to meet the style colors,
> like so
>
> 	gtk_widget_modify_fg(doc_list[idx].tab_label,
> GTK_STATE_NORMAL,
> 		color ? color : &(style->fg[GTK_STATE_NORMAL]));
> 	gtk_widget_modify_fg(doc_list[idx].tab_label,
> GTK_STATE_ACTIVE,
> 		color ? color : &(style->fg[GTK_STATE_ACTIVE]));
>
> [...]
Thanks for reporting this - I also found Valgrind pointed me to these
lines for the invalid memory reads, which should be fixed now in SVN
r1148.

I haven't seen the tab colours change personally, but I imagine this
behaviour is undefined due to the invalid memory reads.

Regards,
Nick

P.S. I'm about to look at your make parse directory patch.