[Geany] [patch] allow geany to determine proper path for files with gcc

Josef Whiter josef at xxxxx
Thu Dec 28 21:08:15 UTC 2006

Hello,

This patch is off of the latest SVN (pulled a couple of hours ago).  Say
you open up the main geany makefile, in the base directory of the geany
source (lets say /sources/geany), and you do a make all and there is an
error or a warning in one of the files in src/somefile.c, if you click on
that error in the compile window, it will tell you that
/sources/geany/somefile.c does not exist, instead of properly opening
/sources/geany/src/somefile.c.  In the same vein, if you have "Use
indicators to show compile errors" turned on and you have somefile.c
opened, the indicators will not show up.  This patch makes geany properly
parse the "Entering directory" messages from gcc in order to determine the
proper path to the file in question.  I have tested this patch and it
works for me.

I will note there seems to be some screwey colors thing happening with
geany, where the tabs will show up with random colors after saving a file.
 It doesn't happen all of the time, and it happens less without this
patch, but with this patch it happens alot more often.  I'm pretty sure
its not this patches fault as it happens with a clean build from svn, but
I thought I'd bring it up in case anybody else was seeing it.  I will try
to track it down later this week.

Another note, my day job is more kernel related than anything, and my gtk
is very new to me, so if I've done something very stupid please point it
out so I can learn :), GUI programming is not one of my strong points.
Thank you,

Josef