[Geany] Strange Copy - Paste with other applications (Windows)

Andreas Tscharner andy at xxxxx
Wed Dec 20 13:12:28 UTC 2006

Hello World, hello Enrico,

I noticed a strange copy-paste behavior of geany when copying text from
other applications under Windows (XP Pro SP2 + all patches).

I have the following text in geany:

type
   TPcharArray = array[0..0] of pchar;
   PPcharArray = ^TPcharArray;

   iconv_t = pointer;
   iconvlistfunc = function (namescount : cardinal; names : PPcharArray;
data : pointer) : integer;

and now I copy the following text from Ultra - Edit to geany, the cursor
located at the first column of the "type" line:

var
   idx : integer;
   labelItem : TProgItem;
   newLabelItem : TLabelNameItem;
   retCmd : ICommand;
   data : cmdLabelT;

The result:

vartype
   idx : integer;  TPcharArray = array[0..0] of pchar;
   labelItem : TProgItem;  PPcharArray = ^TPcharArray;
   newLabelItem : TLabelNameItem;
   retCmd : ICommand;  iconv_t = pointer;
   data : cmdLabelT;  iconvlistfunc = function (namescount : cardinal;
names : PPcharArray; data : pointer) : integer;

That's actually not what I expected...

Cut-Copy-Paste within geany works without problems..., both editors use
the CRLF linefeeds and geany is in <INSERT> mode

Geany 0.9 "Kintaro" (kompiliert am Sep 29 2006)

Best regards
	Andreas
--

     Andreas Tscharner		andy at vis.ethz.ch