[Geany] Need help tracking down a bug

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Dec 12 17:15:44 UTC 2006

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 10:37:12 -0500, Bob Doan <bdoan at sicom.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> If I have auto indent turned on and I make a code block:
>
> if(1) {
> <auto tab here>
> }
>
> Then I put my cursor at '}' and I press UP ARROW. I'm now at col 0.
> If I press <TAB> my cursor moves TWO tab spots because their was an
> auto tab.  I would expect for my cursor to be in between the tabs.  I
> think this is a scintella bug because their is not a char added event
> passed back, but I'm not sure.
Yes, the cursor is set by Scintilla in this case. We can work around
this by checking whether a TAB was inserted and decrease the cursor
position by one. But is this really necessary?
Might be this would confuse users and raise other problems. By the way,
SciTE does the same.

I'll have a look at Scintilla's documentation, maybe there is a setting
to configure it.