[Geany] PATCH - XML - Auto Complete

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Dec 3 23:10:36 UTC 2006

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 13:22:01 -0500, Bob Doan <bdoan at sicom.com> wrote:

> Hym,
>
> Maybe the problem is a a deeper problem.  I did the patch to make it
> stop completing things in PHP code, as it was driving me a little
> crazy..
>
> If I have PHP code like:
>
> xml .= "<Part fontSize=\"9\" orientation=\"landscape\" ...
>
> And I attempt to do any object references, as soon as I type '>' in
> the '$object->'  It would give me '</Part>'.
It should be better since r1046. I stopped the auto completion when a
PHP file is open but the cursor is inside the <? ?> tags and not in a
string (whether '...' or "...").

If you have something like

<?
test = "<bla>blabla";
?>
and insert a '>' before the last " Geany will still auto complete
because the cursor is in a string. And I think this should be ok,
because if i remember correctly something
"$object->method()"
shouldn't work. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Another or additional way could be to suppress the auto completion is
to check the character before the inserted '>' and if it is a '-' then
skip auto completion.