[Geany] Re: Installation package for Windows

Alexandre Moreira alexandream at xxxxx
Mon Aug 21 16:34:15 UTC 2006

Forwarding and replying, since I sent it to wrong recipient (only
Chuoi, not the list)

[nothing snipped, so everyone can read the full thread]

2006/8/19, Củ Văn Chuối . <mrchuoi at gmail.com>:
> Hi Alexandre,
>
> Actually, I'm working in both Windows & Linux and I'm just hacking around
> ;-).
>

> On 8/19/06, Alexandre Moreira <alexandream at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Chuoi, I couldn't help myself but ask.
> >
> > Since you seem to use windows a lot, I would like to ask if you have
> > any experience in Windows C/C++ programming.
> >
> No problem with C/C++ programming here.
>

> > We could use a guy with such knowledge (especially knowledge about the
> > DDE or DDEML functions in windows api) to allow the expected behavior
> > of opening files in existing instances.
> >
> Unfortunately, I just know what it is, but never do it before.
>

> > If you have any knowledge about that and want to share it... i have
> > not much (almost any) experience in windows programming and tried to
> > find out on my own... no luck so far. :)
> >
> We can learn & work together ;-).  Another approach that's using NamedPipe.
About named pipe, I've been studying to solve this problem, but then I
found out we would only have NamedPipe available in newer versions of
windows (no 9x/me support).. and I guess it would neither be good to
have two builds for windows nor none to some branch of the windows
family.

I'll try to do as you said, and check other open source text editors
to check out... but windows code is rather messy to me, and I tend to
get lost easy ... lol.