[Geany] possible bug: changing syntax highlighting

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Aug 15 11:42:44 UTC 2006

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 00:00:44 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to create my own Ruby syntax highlighting color scheme,
> so I copied filetypes.ruby into ~/.geany/filedefs and started
> modifying that copy.
>
> I wanted a dark theme, so changed all the 0xffffff's for background to
> 0x5d5d5d -- including, of course, the one for "default". Trouble is, I
> think there's a bug, because it doesn't color the rest of the window
> background 0x5d5d5d -- just the background of the text.
>
> Looking for a solution, I then copied filetypes.common into
> ~/.geany/filedefs and changed *its* "default" background value to
> 0x5d5d5d, and then the change took for the whole window with the Ruby
> file. Fine. But, trouble is, doing that sets the window background
> color for *all* the other filetypes, which clashes with their light
> colorschemes.
I just removed(r717) the key "default" in filetypes.common. Now, the
default style of each filetype is used. Thanks for reporting.