[Geany] segfault with "convert tabs to space"

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Aug 12 16:30:27 UTC 2006

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 19:40:31 +0200, Pierre <pierre.php at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On 8/11/06, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> > On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 17:24:40 +0200, Pierre <pierre.php at gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > > Sure, please see the attachment.
> > I still can't reproduce it but the next text (after replacing the
> > tabulator characters) was missing a trailing '\0' character. I guess
> > this was the error. Can you try the current SVN version?
>
> The problem is still here. It may occur only on 64bits platform
> (again :).
Perhaps, but i guess not because there are only handled characters and
this filetype has 1 byte on most(all?) platforms.

Can you again try the current SVN version?
I fixed a small mistake that caused to ignore the real tab width and
used instead the width of 4. I don't know why I didn't see this earlier.
I guess your tab width was set to 2 and then Geany allocate memory for
replacing two bytes but infact it replaces four characters and this
cause the segfault. Should be fixed now, thanks for pointing it out.